Embassy of Sweden ….. hmmm…… My first post for the New Year 2019 !!!!!
Washington D.C was a very relaxing state because no hassle! I went to the Embassy of Sweden to apply for a new passport because mine expired .
If you live in Minneapolis and you are from Sweden, this post will have the information you need to apply for a new passport once yours expire.
The official site is very confusing and it took me a while to locate the passport renewal section and then successfully book an appointment.
Steps to take before going to the Embassy of Sweden in Washington or New York :
- Follow the instructions for Swedish Citizens both for Adults or Children, Click to Read important infos .
Book an appointment online
- use this link to Book Appointment in Washington or Book Appointment in New York. So, print out a copy of your appointment because you will need it . For instance, the embassy address will be on your print out and important information .
Remember to take your old Swedish passport (Sverige Pass) with you .
- New passport fee is $165 and it can be paid with a Visa or MasterCard or Cash .
- If you choose New York check out WestHouse Hotel. I recommend this hotel because it was so beautiful when I was there! You honestly get what you paid for like literally. FYI my stay at New York was for a different purpose, NOT to apply for a new Swedish passport .
- If you choose Washington see the hotel details below. Capitol Skyline Hotel is 4 miles from the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA Washinton D.C). This hotel was nice too and the breakfast was amazing . It was easy for me to move around and getting a taxi was super easy. The customer service desk will actually request a taxi on your behalf before you get downstairs.
On your appointment day
- Be on time or else you will have to reschedule to comeback.
Passport hours by appointment only between the hours of 2pm-4.30pm
- They will get you fill out a form and pay the fee. (FYI I did most of my conversation in Swedish language).
- Come looking your best ! Your hair and edges should be laid! Face beat for the embassy🤩💋. Say cheese 😁 and they will snap your photo 📸.
Your new passport will process within 2 weeks. You can request for it to be sent to the America Swedish Institute in Minneapolis. They will charge an additional fee for shipping it to your state for pick up . Or you can go back to Washington or New York to pick up in person.
After I was done at the embassy. I went to Lincoln Memorial , National Hall , White House and few place close by my hotel.
Hopefully this post help your next passport renewal process easier. Comment Below!
Pingback: Ep 2 : My Hair, Travel and New Baby - MINNAFROPOLIS on January 14, 2019