I love eating jollof rice. FYI Nigerian Jollof rice is the best, argue with ancestors…Lol!
Let’s start cooking!
- 5-6 Tomatoes
- 1 pack of fresh Pepper
- Red bell
- 3-4 Onions
- Dry Thyme
- 1 pack of Turkey (or whatever meat you like)
- Red bell pepper
- Vegetable oil .
- Rinse your turkey, add salt, add onions, add turkey, add pepper, and add curry . Let your meat cook for 20 mins or to your desire.
- In a blender : add your tomatoes, add 3 pepper , add 1 onions, and red bell pepper. Pour everything in a pot to boil for about approximately 20 mins. The tomatoes should be dry and there should be no water.
- Add vegetable oil in a separate pot. Add onions and let heat for 3 mins. Then add everything that was blended and let it fry for about 20 mins or more.
- Parboil my rice for 5 mins , pour hot water and sieve it .
- To paint your turkey : Add tomato , add pepper, add salt , add a little bit of vegetable oil, add onions, add half cube of knor and add a bit of water. Then paint the cooked turkey and place it into the oven for 15-20 mins or more.
- In a clean pot, add fried tomato , then add the rice, add turkey stock (sieve it) , add water carefully and mix everything carefully. Be careful when adding your ingredient to avoid it from been salty.
- Note: Jollof Rice always get burnt , it is not personal ! LOL 🙂 . When you mix it , do not mix everything from the bottom. Add a foil paper and cover the pot to cook till is soft enough.
- Your rice is ready !