Welcome to another food recipe and I am happy to share this new recipe.
6 cups of Palm extract or Ghana Best Palm fruit paste
5 cups of rice
Cooked Tomato paste (onions, pepper, red paprika )
Turkey stock (you choose any other meat)
1 tsp salt
2 Knorr cubes
Onga seasoning (optional)
2 tsp Grounded crayfish (optional)
- ) In a pan or pot, add vegetable oil let it heat for approximately 3 mins.
- ) Add onions to heat for 2 mins and add the tomato paste that you already cooked .
- )Stir it for approximately 5 mins and then add your grilled turkey or whatever meat of your choice. Continuously stir until you are satisfied. Then remove it.
- ) In the same tomato sauce, add your palm nut paste (also known as Banga) and stir it . Add water and carefully stir to mix everything.
- ) Add your grounded crayfish, 1/2 tsp salt (taste it and add more if needed), add more chopped onions, add calabash nutmeg, add onga, 1/2 cube of knorr and pepper. Remember as your add each ingredient continuously stir to mix them well.
- ) In this video, the rice was NOT parboiled. Rinse the rice and added it directly into the cooking Banga sauce. Pour in the turkey stock. Allow it to cook for at least 20 mins (depending on the type of rice you may need to moderate how long you allow it to cook). Cover the pot so it can cook well. Check periodically to make sure it soft enough and add little water if needed.
- ) Now add the chopped mint leave (or scent leave if you have one available ) .
- ) Let it cook for approximately 5-10 mins and stir it carefully .
Now your Banga Rice ready! Let’s eat!
You can eat with anything .