Yam is my favorite food. Give me anything made out of yam, I will eat it. Yam stick are very easy to make and you can eat it with any sauce of your choice. Anyone can eat yam sticks -Adults and children. My guess is that kids are going to enjoy the crunchy bit. While adults will enjoy it like it’s soul food.
Let’s Eat !
- 1 Tuber Yam
- 1 Knorr
- 1 Onion
- Cut your tuber of yam into half. Keep one half for a later day.
- Cut yam into tiny circular portion and peel the back/sides away.
- Dice the yam into thin long sticks. Good luck eye-balling it . Lol !
- Rinse in water and add salt
- Pour vegetable oil into a fry-pan , allow it to heat for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the yam stick into the heated oil. Leave it for at at least 15-20 minutes or whatever you prefer.
- Take them out and they are ready to eat with any sauce.
Vegetable Sauce with Shrimps
- Rinse your spinach, Broccoli, pepper and ginger in water.
- Slice your onion , ginger , pepper , broccoli and spinach into smaller sizes.
- Pour little bit (use the eye-ball rule) of vegetable oil into a saucepan and allow it to heat up for 3-5 mins.
- Put the onion first , then followed by the ginger and allow them heat up for 3 mins.
- Add your spinach and broccoli and leave them for 5 minutes.
- Add your pepper , Knorr, little salt and stir everything together.
- Add little bit of water and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Leave to cook for at least 5-10 minutes.
Yam sticks and Vegetable Sauce is ready !!!!! Yum-Yum .
Thanks for watching : Subscribe to Minnafropolis YouTube Channel.