The weather in Minnesota (MN) is finally HOT ! It hard to distinguish between spring and summer right now. You know I leave in a state that has a SHADY weather with extra ATTITUDE. Lol !!! When it is cold here, it is extremely cold . And when it is hot , it is steaming HOTPOLIS. I just made up that word just now in my head . Today, I want to share my latest recipe – Chicken Gizzard. As a college student, I make this a lot because it saves me time and energy.
What is a Chicken Gizzard ?
Chicken Gizzard is an organ found in the digestive tract of some animals like chicken, turkey, fish and so on. In biology, it is referred as the gastric mill, ventriculus and gigerium. This is an area in the thick muscular walls under for breaking down food.
Chicken Gizzard is my number one go to during the summer season. It is quick to prepare and you can enjoy it with a cold drink . It can be served with white rice or mashed potatoes or yam. It is so nutritious and very tasty because of the rich meaty flavor sauce.
- 500 g Chicken Gizzard (there might be less (g) in the market, I do not know ).
- 1/2 or 1 Habanero Pepper
- 1 or 2 Medium Onions
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- knor OR Maggi
- Vegetable Oil
- Toothpick to serve
- Trim the excess fat and gristle from the gizzard
- Wash your gizzard properly and pour it into a pot.
- Add 1 medium size of sliced onions . Then season with 1/2 pepper, salt , thyme, and curry.
- Cover the pot to let it cook for 20 mins or to the preferred texture (softer) you desire.
- Pour the cooked gizzard out into a sieve to drain away the liquid stock.
- Pour vegetable oil into a smaller pot/saucepan . Heat the oil for 3-5 mins and then add onions to heat for another 3 mins.
- Add the cooked gizzard into the steamed oil. Stir it for 3 mins or more.
- Add the sliced green bell pepper and red bell pepper .
- Mix everything together until you are satisfied with the texture (some people like it more brown) you desire. Then turn off your stove.
- Serve with a Toothpick
This is my first food video on YouTube so bear with me . I shoot this video in my school dorm.