The weather in MN is finally HOT ! It hard to distinguish between spring and summer right now. You know I leave in a state that has a SHADY weather with extra ATTITUDE. Lol !!! When it is cold here, it is extremely cold . And when it is hot , it is steaming HOTPOLIS. I just made up that word just now in my head .
Enjoy watching the video below on “How to make a peppered gizzard” for summer edible.
Chicken Gizzard is my number one go to during this season. It is quick to make and you can enjoy it with a cold drink . HA!
- 500 g Chicken Gizzard (there might be less (g) in the market, I do not know ).
- 1/2 or 1 Habanero Pepper
- 1 or 2 Medium Onions
- knor OR Maggi
- Vegetable Oil
- Toothpick to serve
- Wash your gizzard properly and pour it into a pot. Add 1 medium size of sliced onions , 1/2 pepper, salt , thyme, and curry .
- Cover the pot to let it cook for 20 mins or to the preferred texture (softer) you desire.
- Pour the cooked gizzard out into a sieve to drain away the liquid stock.
- Pour vegetable oil into a smaller pot/saucepan . Heat the oil for 3-5 mins and then add onions to heat for another 3 mins.
- Add the cooked gizzard into the steamed oil. Stir it for 3 mins or more.
- Add the sliced green bell pepper and red bell pepper .
- Mix everything together until you are satisfied with the texture (some people like it more brown) you desire. Then turn off your stove.
- Serve with a Toothpick